About Tracey's Treasures

Hi welcome to my blog where you will find lots of examples of handmade cards I have designed and scrapbook layouts that I have been commissioned to make. You will also find details of how to commission me to make cards or a memory album for you.



Wednesday 9 July 2014

Birthday Present for a friend part 2

As a teaching assistant my friend is always writing down notes so I decided a personalised notebook would be perfect for her second gift.
I purchased a notebook that already had a pretty floral design in shades of pale green, baby pink, brown and turquoise.
First I cut 16 various coloured and patterned pieces of ribbon to 2" long and tied 1 of each to the ring bound spine of the notebook as shown.

 
Next I stamped a butterfly using Versamark onto a piece of Centura pearl card.  I had created an inked background on to this first using the Big and Juicy waterfall inkpad. I then heat embossed the image with silver pearl embossing powder, before cutting out. I attached this as shown using Pinflair glue gel. I then cut a small piece of co-ordinating rose paper and spelt out notebook using silver peel off letters. I stuck this to the front as shown using extra strong double sided tape. Next I took a selection of ready made paper roses and cut the wires off all but 2 of them. Using a pokey tool I curled the wires of these before sticking them all to the front with Pinflair.
Next using 2 different sizes of bunting die I cut 4 patterned and 4 co-ordinating plain bunting pieces. I matted these together using Cosmic Shimmer glue and then added the letters to spell Lynn. I attached them to a narrow strip of ribbon and then glued to the front as shown with a small amount of Pinflair glue gel so that they were quite flat to the notebook. I completed the look with some more paper roses, again stuck with Pinflair.
 The finished personalised notebook. Whats great about this is because it is ring bound the embellishments do not stop the book open properly or laying correctly whilst in use.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment