About Tracey's Treasures

Hi welcome to my blog where you will find lots of examples of handmade cards I have designed and scrapbook layouts that I have been commissioned to make. You will also find details of how to commission me to make cards or a memory album for you.



Thursday 3 July 2014

4 weddings and an anniversary!!

The lovely sunny weather means that wedding season is well and truly underway!!
I had my work cut out needing to make 4 wedding cards and an anniversary card for my best friends on the same day.

Anniversary card

When my best friends Liselle and Khai got married 9 years ago their colour scheme was red and white so every year I find myself with the challenge of coming up with a new unique design still using these colours.

Firstly I created an 8" x 8" card blank and matted and layered onto it using double sided tape a piece of black card (7.75" x 7.75") and then a piece of white card (7.5" x 7.5")
I then selected 2 identical pieces of patterned paper from this lovely book I found in my local Lidl. There are two of each design and they are double sided with the same pattern, but one side is beautifully glittered and glazed.

Next I set one sheet aside and the other I trimmed to 7.25" x 7.25" and using a small amount of Cosmic Shimmer PVA I attached a piece of crochet ribbon to the top of the card, ensuring it was wrapped around the back and secured with extra strong double sided tape. Then using double sided tape I matted this panel onto the white layer of the card front.
I then took my Celebrations embossing board from Keepsake Card Craft and used it to emboss the scalloped heart design twice in silver mirror card and once in white Centura pearl. I then took one set of the silver ones and trimmed away the right heart as this was not needed. Next I layered up to create the 3d heart embellishment.
                    Then using Pinflair glue gel I attached this onto the card front as shown
Taking a Martha Stewart flower punch and some white card I punched 9 flowers.
 I created various floral embellishments by sticking some together as well as adding decorative PVA centres. I then randomly scattered these across the front of the card. I further decorated with two die cut birds and a message from craftwork cards all attached with Pinflair glue gel.
 Next I repeated the steps for the front of the card using black, white and the second piece of patterned paper to mat and layer for the inside.

 

Big and Glamorous Wedding Card

This 1st wedding card was for my uncles wedding who is flying over from America to get married in a castle in a 3 day celebration. So this card needed to be something a little bit special.
Firstly I cut a piece of silver mirror card cut to 7.75" x 7.75" and then a piece of black card cut to 7.5" x 7.5" and matted them onto an 8" white card blank.
 I then layered a piece of black patterned paper from my stash cut to 7.25" x 7.25" onto this.
 Followed by another piece of silver mirror card measuring 7" square and finally a piece of white card stock measuring 6.75" square. All of these layers were attached using double sided tape.
 The next thing I did was create some of my cardstock embellishments. I used my cricut to die cut the words Mr & Mrs,  the champagne flutes were created using my Celebrations board from Keepsake Card Craft, and the bow was made using Sue Wilson Lattice bow dies and grand calibur to cut them.
 I layered up the white and silver pieces of the Mr & Mrs as shown using Cosmic Shimmer PVA.
 Next a glued a strip of lace paper from my stash and stuck to the bottom half of the card blank.
 I then took 3 large ribbon roses from Creative Expressions, and some paper roses in black and red. Along with some die cut leaves ( not in the pick below) that I created from Centura pearl card using the Spellbinders Foliage die set and my Grand Calibur to cut them.

 I then arranged everything and once I was happy attached using Pinflair glue gel to the card front.
 I then completed the design on the front by adding a simple sentiment, the lattice bow, a black cabochon, a pearl heart embellishment, silver pearl decorative PVA glue dots and lots of mini silver gems for the champagne bubbles.
 To finish this card I repeated the matting and layering steps for the inside and also added a die cut cake. Then using my Crafters Companion boxer board made a matching box.
 

2 cards, 1 do!!

For this wedding I needed two cards one for myself to send to the couple and one for a friend to send.
So for this I decided I would make two cards that both featured pink in the colour scheme but that were very different.
So firstly using the lovely pad I found in my local Lidl I chose a gorgeous glittered paper.

 I then chose a selection of embellishments from my stash that had either been created using the  Cricut, Spellbinders dies or the Keepsake Card Craft Celebrations board.
 Next I cut some black card to 7.75" square and the patterned paper to 7.5" square then attached them both to an 8" white card blank using double sided tape. Then using Pinflair glue gel I glued on the doves, rings, pink scalloped heart, wedding day sentiment and finally the bride and groom as shown.
 I then cut some flowers using Sue Wilson dies and made centres with Cosmic Shimmer vanilla PVA.
 I added these to the left side of the heart and a black organza bow to the base of the cake.
 Finally I repeated the matting and layering steps for the inside of the card and completed with a die cut label panel (for somewhere to write as patterned paper is glittered) and black organza bow
 
For the second card I started out by creating an 8" square card blank. I then took a piece of cream card cut to 7.75" x 7.75" and a piece of white cardstock that I had trimmed to 7.5" x 7.5". Using my Crafters Companion boxer board I scored the card every 0.25" to create the piece of card below.
 I then wrapped this piece of card with a piece of white crochet ribbon making sure it was secured on the back with extra strong double sided tape. I added a matching bow on top using Pinflair glue gel. Next I attached the cream card to the card blank using double sided tape, followed by the embossed white card using lots of foam tape.
 I then chose a selection of embellishments from my stash including die cuts, Craftwork Cards messages and the lovely lacy horseshoe topper.
                     I attached all of these to the card front as shown using Pinflair glue gel.
 The finishing touches to the front were created using pink ribbon roses, a pearl heart and Cosmic Shimmer decorative pva in vanilla.
 Finally I matted and layered the inside of the card to match the outside, adding one of the messages.
 

Number 4 a mix up of the others!!

This wedding card commission was inspired by the previous wedding makes using a combination of the elements and colours from them.
Firstly I created an 8" square card blank and matted on to it a piece of silver mirror card measuring 7.75" x 7.75" and then a piece of pink cardstock cut to 7.5" square that I embossed using my Grand Calibur and an A4 embossing folder.
 As with the previous card design I created a piece of ribbed card stock. Taking white card cut to 7.25" square and  by using my Crafters Companion boxer board and scoring every 0.25" on it.
I attached white crochet ribbon and matching bow complete with pink cabochon in the centre.
 I added a selection of embellishments and toppers from my stash using Pinflair glue gel and further embellished the design with Cosmic Shimmer decorative pva on the horseshoe and cake.
For the final finishing touches I added some bells cut using a Tattered lace die and some pink paper roses.
 I matted and layered the inside of the card using the same layout as the front and then added a pink foiled message to the left hand side.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment