About Tracey's Treasures

Hi welcome to my blog where you will find lots of examples of handmade cards I have designed and scrapbook layouts that I have been commissioned to make. You will also find details of how to commission me to make cards or a memory album for you.



Saturday 5 July 2014

Not just cards but gifts too!!

Birthday present for a friend part 1

Milk carton to hold a candle and 4 tea lights

To make this I used the Crafters Companion Sweet Treats Milk Carton board and the Boxer board.
Using 2 pieces of 250gsm card I embossed and cut out the two pieces needed to create the main milk carton body and then glued together using Collall all purpose glue.  I then cut a piece of card 3.25" square and stuck to the base of the milk carton. Next I chose 2 monotone papers from this beautiful pad that I found in my local Lidl store.
I used these to cover the four sides of the box. I then used scrapes of spotty paper from my stash to cover the top flaps of the milk carton. Next I used some large black foiled bloom shaped die cuts to create a large floral embellishment. I took each die cut and snipped into it to create individual petal shapes. I then layered them up using Cosmic Shimmer PVA. To the centre I then added a white Creative Expressions ribbon rose which I stuck with Collall 3d glue gel. I then stuck this along with die cut swirls and further flower embellishments I created using punched flowers, black paper roses and black cabochons.
I repeated these steps for the opposite side of the carton
Next I took some black crochet lace and using Cosmic Shimmer PVA I stuck some to the top of these two sides. I then took a decorative wooden peg which I adorned with yet more floral embellishments, before using it to hold the top of the carton closed.
I also added a die cut birthday greeting glued to a decorative mount I had cut from black card.
I then decorated the two remaining sides as shown with clear gemstones, black crochet lace and paper flowers. The paper flowers were punched from co-ordinating papers and the centres made from black gemstones.
 

This was the main milk carton finished but I now needed to create a platform for the large candle and a tray to hold the tea lights. Both of these would need to fit securely in the carton.
 I took my Crafters Companion Boxer board and created a box base 3.25" x 3.25" with a depth of 1". This was to be a platform to be inserted at the base of the milk carton for the large candle I had also created to stand on.
 I then created another box base measuring 3.25" square with a 0.5" depth and covered the inside base with a piece of decorative paper. This was to be used to hold 4 tea lights. After drawing around a 2p I removed a circle from the centre. This was to allow the wick from the larger candle to be protected once the tea light tray was inserted inside the box. To keep the 4 candles from moving around too much I created 4 portions to the tray with black gemstones.
                                                                                                              
                                                                                                               
  
I placed the platform into the base of the milk carton and added the large candle.                            
   Then I sat the inner tray complete with tea lights on top.
                                                                                                                        
 
                                                                                                                                                         

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment