About Tracey's Treasures

Hi welcome to my blog where you will find lots of examples of handmade cards I have designed and scrapbook layouts that I have been commissioned to make. You will also find details of how to commission me to make cards or a memory album for you.



Tuesday 25 February 2014

Well decided that for the next couple of design team pieces I would go with cards that not only used stamping but also colouring as well as printed elements from cd roms whilst still incorporating all my favourite bits and pieces such as die cuts, coloured PVA's and ribbon. Not to mention lots and lots of beautiful cardstocks.

Floral Shoe Card


For this card I used an 8"x 8" pre scored black textured card blank from Anna-Marie designs
as well as her dottie card in olive green,lime green and wine red and shabby gingham in true red and salt and pepper. I also used her die cut birthday messages and lastly her Blooming shoe acrylic stamp set.
 
The shoe was stamped using black momento ink pad and coloured in using alcohol markers
I used Promarkers-Berry Red, Lipstick Red,Grass and flexmarker Antique White.

The card was embellished using assorted paper flowers and leaf sprigs including floradoodles from petaloo and some which were die cut from true red gingham to co-ordinate with the rest of the card. Also used was a piece of tri colour striped ribbon, red and green raffia and Cosmic Shimmer pearlescent PVA glue in Olympic Gold.
The inside of the card was decorated to compliment the outside using the same cardstocks, more floral embellishments and a further message.

A BLOOMING lovely card for any lady!!

 I love the fact that this card is not over fussy but still has lots of bright cheerful colours
 

New Baby Card

I hope no one I know has a baby very soon as I feel reluctant to give this to anyone!!
I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to go with a traditional blue for a boy card or to make it a green theme. So I decided I would not make myself choose and found a way to combine both lovely pastel shades in a wonderfully cute creation.
 
The amount of things I used for this card seemed to be endless so hopefully I will not miss anything!!

Card and Papers

Neenah,A3 centura pearl and various backing papers printed from the Bebunni Baby cd rom from Crafters Companion. Pastel glitter card from Create and Craft in green and baby blue and scraps of pastel blue and green card from my bit box.

Dies

Spellbinders Card Creator die-Diamond Effects using Grand Calibur and various items cut from New Arrivals Cricut cartridge using cricut create

Stamps

Bebunni-New Arrival,Bundle of Joy and Baby stamp sets
 
other items used were paper roses,green ribbon, brights buttons selection from Hobbycraft (I used blues and Greens), Collall 3d glue gel, Collall all purpose glue as well as distress inkpad in Broken China, distress marker in Bundled Sage and memento black inkpad.
 
Using my ultimate I marked out and then trimmed a piece of A3 centura pearl to create an 8" x 8" card blank
I then trimmed the following pieces of card and paper
Green glitter card-7 3/4" x 7 3/4"
Blue patchwork paper from Bebunni cd rom-7 1/2" x 7 1/2"
Green glitter card-7" x 3 1/4"
Blue patchwork paper (as above)-6 3/4" x 3"
Blue glitter card-5 1/4" x 7 1/4"
Green patchwork paper from Bebunni cd rom-5" x 7"
Then 2 pieces of Neenah cardstock to 5" x 7"
 
Using the distress marker I drew stitched detail around both pieces of blue patchwork paper and then matted these using glue gel onto the correct sized pieces of green glitter card. I then wrapped a piece of green ribbon around the border piece leaving two long pieces to the left to tie into a bow.
 
Next I stamped the main images from Bebunni New Arrival and Bundle of Joy onto the Neenah card pieces and coloured them using a selection of alcohol pens in shades of green, grey and blues.
I used the following brands and colours of pens:-
 Promarkers in -grass,leaf green, cyan, arctic blue, pastel blue, cool grey 3, cool grey 4
 
Flexmarkers-blue grey 1, celestial blue, soft aqua, cadet blue and aquamarine.
 
Maarvy Leplume-grey blue 691, blue 717, cool grey 894 and cool grey 892
I also used a Promarker blender pen
 
When I had finished colouring the images I used the Diamond Effects die to cut out the New Arrival image and then free hand cut around the Bundle of Joy Image.
 
The die cut image was matted 1st onto green patchwork and then onto blue glitter card.
The card front was given finishing touches by adding messages stamped from the new arrival and baby stamp sets, buttons, paper roses, die cut images, mini pegs and teal sky PVA. TE inside of the card was created by cutting down a Bebunni baby insert to 7 3/4" x 7 3/4" then adding the cut out stamped bundle of joy image and other small die cuts.
 Completed card front-with Bebunni stamped image New Arrival
 Close up of mini die cut images cut using Cricut Create and New Arival Cricut cartridge
 Bebunni getting his close up-he's so adorable who could resist another look??
 Stamped using Bebunni Baby stamp set and embellished with buttons from Hobbycrafts
 A little peek of Bebunni but a closer look at those lovely paper roses. Even baby boys cards can't escape my flower addiction!!
 Cute little sentiment stamped from the Bebunni New Arrival stamp set and that lovely two tone satin ribbon with bow.
 awwwwww Bebunni nice close up of his adorable face.
 The inside of the card complete with co-ordinating insert and another stamped and coloured image
 A close up of the stamped and coloured Bebunni Bundle of Joy stamped image in the inside
And the whole card front again because with Bebunni once is never enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment